COVID-19 Update: Due to COVID-19 applications for all in-person programs are on hold until further notice. For more information about our Camp Sunshine at Home programming, please contact the office.
Camp Sunshine provides free retreats combining respite, recreation and support, while enabling hope and promoting joy, for children with life-threatening illnesses and their families through the various stages of a child’s illness. All in-person programs are offered at our year-round facility on Sebago Lake in Casco, Maine.
We offer programs for families with a child 18 and younger who has:
- A Brain Tumor
- Kidney Disease
- Solid Organ Transplant Recipients
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Other Hematologic Conditions: contact Camp to inquire regarding specific diagnoses
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (age 21 and younger)
- A bereavement session is also offered for families who have experienced the death of a child from a supported illness
We also offer specialized programs for families and individuals with:
- Fanconi Anemia
- Diamond-Blackfan Anemia
- Schwachman-Diamond Syndrome
- Dyskeratosis Congenita / Telomere Biology Disorders
Information for In-Person Sessions:*
- Family Applications outline components required to complete an application.
- Immunization records are required for everyone under 26 years of age. A list of required immunization is included with the family application.
- A Physician Examination form must be completed by the child’s subspecialty team. Guidelines for physicians are included with the family application. In general, a child should be expected to be in good general health at the time of the session. Children should not be receiving any therapy during their time at Camp, other than treatment usually administered by parents.
- Completed applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis, and should be received at least one month prior to the session start date. (If seeking to apply within one month of the program, please call Camp Sunshine to inquire about availability.)
- For in – person programs: Families may attend once per program year.
*Please note: We are not accepting families for in-person sessions until further notice.