2023 Volunteer Application
If you are new to our Online Volunteer Form, please read the following:
- If you applied, or started to apply to volunteer in 2022, fill in your email and password. If you don't remember your password, there will be an option to reset it.
- For those who are new to the system, there will be a link that says BEGIN A NEW STAFF APPLICATION below the sign-in button. Please click that.
- If the application is not fully filled out it may not get processed. If you start an application, please remember to go back and finish it so we can place you!
- New volunteers we ask you to leave 3 references. Return volunteers, please put in Camp Sunshine as your reference.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the volunteer department at (207) 655-3800.
Volunteering at Camp Sunshine is truly an unforgettable and life-changing experience. Talk to any volunteer and nearly everyone will say that they get more out of Camp Sunshine than they give. The opportunity to directly help children and their families to laugh, create happy memories, and connect with other families is magical.
More than 2,500 dedicated volunteers come from around the country and world to participate in our year-round program each year. Many return again and again. Since its inception in 1984, volunteers have donated in excess of one million hours of their time, and have saved Camp Sunshine millions of dollars through their donation of time and services. More than helping hands, they are the heart and soul of the organization. The spirit, energy, and compassion they bring to the program are priceless.
Who are Camp Sunshine’s volunteers?
Camp Sunshine volunteers come from all walks of life. They range in age from 16 to 80 and include physicians, nurses, social workers, teachers, business executives, retirees, and high school and college students. They come alone, or with family members or friends, as members of civic groups, organizations, and schools.
What do volunteers do?
Volunteers serve as camp counselors and are asked to choose from a variety of positions including childcare, one-on-one assistance, a variety of sports and activities, and kitchen support. Positions are based on experience, prior service, and timeliness in the application process.
Where do volunteers stay and eat?
Meals and lodging are provided to volunteers free of charge in exchange for their service. Accommodations include 30 shared suites for a total of 75-85 volunteers. Ten of these suites are reserved for families who have participated in the program in the past, and who are returning to volunteer. Each volunteer suite includes a private bedroom with 2 twin beds, a separate living area with 2 bunk beds and a pull-out futon, a refrigerator, microwave oven, and private bath. Volunteers are generally matched by age and gender.
Volunteers are the Heart and Soul of Camp Sunshine!
You Can Help Make a Difference!
Click here for a Volunteer Application, or e-mail Bonnie Miller, Volunteer Coordinator & Camp Store: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also call the office and request an application at (207) 655-3800.