Fundraising is all about the effort and passion that you put into it! If you are committed you will be able to convince others to support you. In our experience, people embrace Camp Sunshine when asked to lend a hand. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Create your fundraising page and send out an email blast to your friends and family! They can donate directly online to your page. All donations are made through a secure server.
- Talk up your efforts to everyone you meet! Make sure you have your pledge information with you at all times!
- Follow the 6 step ask...
- Ask Yourself... (the simplest one!)
- Ask 2 businesses you deal with on a regular basis (your hairdresser, doctor, dentist, dry cleaner)
- Ask 3 organizations that you are associated with or your event is associated with (Rotary, Lions, Kiwanis, Church/Temple, Sports Clubs)
- Ask 4 co-workers for their support (a donation bucket in the lunch room would work if you don't feel comfortable asking)
- Ask 5 neighbors (knock on doors or simply write and mail letters)
- Ask 6 family members
- Ask donors to see if their company will match their donation (lots of companies now offer this as a giving option for their employees)
- Facebook! Make a facebook event and send it out to ALL your Facebook friends. Facebook was set up to help people connect with each other, and it's free- use it!
- Add your event/fundraising to the signature in your email (work and home) you never know who might help you out!
- Create a fundraising event such as an Auction, Town Festival, Ride/Run/Walk, Comedy Show, Fishing Derby, Pancake Breakfast, Golf Tournament, Carnival, Yard Sale, Dance-A-Thon, Fashion Show, or Raffle. Perhaps you may even have a special occasion where you ask for donations in lieu of gifts.
- Be CREATIVE and INNOVATIVE.. and most of all HAVE FUN!
Please be sure to let us know what you are doing to help Camp Sunshine as we can then share your story to help others get ideas!